Monday, July 9, 2012

And you can tell everybody, this is your blog.


Hello there friend, family member, SU colleague, random internet browser, or future music therapy intern!  I am so glad you stumbled upon my blog!
I am about to start probably the most frightening yet amazing journey of my life, my internship. I wanted to write this blog for a couple reasons: to keep everyone updated on all the amazing things I’ll be learning and experiencing over the next six months, and also to provide some sort of, comfort, or reassurance, or normalization, or SOMETHING of that nature to future interns.  Simply because, well honestly, this is kinda scary! 
Careful—its about to get reallllll cheesy with a bunch of music puns…
A poem by Dallas Clayton:

Every time I read this poem, I relate to it in a different way.  Today when I read it, I think, I know what kind of song I am as a person, a friend, a student, but what kind of song will I be as an intern or a therapist?  I want to be something amazing, inspiring, and beautifully written.  I have earned a spot in one of the top internships and I want to live up to that standard. 
“What could your song do, and who would sing along to the song that was you?”
I know my song will sometimes sound dissonant with mistakes or struggles, but I want it to help people in this hospital. I want to become the best intern and therapist I can be.  But most of all, I hope in the end, I’LL want to be the one to sing along to my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment